- My top priority will be the many vacant businesses in the area. While there has been new development next to I70, we have not taken care or invested in the properties on West National Road or Taywood Road which have become eyesores within the community for years. We need to create plans for the many vacant businesses and inform residents about these plans. We also need to use resources like the county land bank that can help reduce the blight we have in the city.
- Current zoning ordinances are not attractive to businesses. If we want successful businesses, we must assure they have the best options for promotion. With strong leadership, better policies, relationships with county leaders, and effective city-wide promotion, we can assure businesses are coming and staying in Englewood.
- There is so much potential in Englewood, yet businesses continue to close, and property values continue to be constant. We need to be marketing our city better and making sure businesses and citizens know value of Englewood.
- Transparency should be a top priority for the City Council, which engages its citizens through town halls, effective social media, and an informative, frequently updated, user-friendly website.
- The city must be on top of informing all Englewood communities when emergencies strikes and ends , as well as when and how we are using taxpayers dollars effectively.
- I will be accessible to all residents and businesses needs, accountable for the decisions I make, and transparent about how I work in the city.
Education and Partnerships
- We must continue keeping Northmont schools at their best.
- We need to have better relationships with the other cities within our district, the superintendent, and the board of education to ensure we are using city resources efficiently for the students and parents within our school district.